Linux Laptop

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Wed Jan 18 18:12:45 MST 2006

Gerard Snitselaar wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 09:00 -0700, Carl Parrish wrote:
>

>>Okay basically my concerns are 1) getting the wireless networking going.
>>

>Does it have a built in wireless chipset, or do you need to purchase an
>adapter? As was pointed out there is ndiswrapper . If it is an atheros
>chipset that you end up using there are the madwifi drivers for those.
>I have used it on a toshiba laptop I used to have, and also with a pci
>wifi card on a system at home.

I've got an atheros with madwifi drivers in my laptop as well. Works
fine with one small exception: once in a while the laptop will hard
freeze. I haven't traced the problem, but I think it's the madwifi
because it has *only* ever happened when I'm actively on WLAN.

--
Darrin Chandler
dwchandler at stilyagin.com
http://www.stilyagin.com/