my first official anti-ms vent

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 16:53:45 MST 2006

I had one of those days at work yesterday. In fact,
it's been about a week of those kind of days with an
approaching launch date for my current project.

Something happened to the integration server, so the
web-app was not working. After staying late the last
few days, I still hadn't resolved everything yesterday
evening when, a windows message popped up telling me
my system had been updated and needed to restart.

WTF!!!! I never told it run windows update! I was able
to press a button telling it to restart later. I had
to wait. I was in the middle of a bunch of stuff and
couldn't break right then. Well a few minutes later it
came back. then again....... so you get the picture.
F'N Microshaft forced an update on my machine and now
I had to reboot!

I was so ready to go home to my Fedora box. With a
couple free minutes I had, I thought I get the
external monitor (its a laptop) setup. But I messed
something up and rebooted into windows to google my
problem. As I was reading, what do you think popped
up? "Your system has been updated...." GRRRR!

So fine, I rebooted to CLI. cleaned up some space and
started kde just fine. thank you very much.

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109
  http://counter.li.org/