swing / mysql / jdbc search question

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 16:05:30 MST 2006

Hi Judd,

  The only jdbc/swing/mysql example I can find of a search does show a query that shows the user only the subset.

  What I would like to do is a little more fluid.  I would like to have the entire recordset available for the customer and allow then to do a search which moves the record pointer to the first match and returns control to the user who can move next or previous or perform another search.

  FoxPro, m$-access, vbasic/ms-sql, and vbasic/jet allow the programmer to write code that moves the record pointer by doing a simple find or search. This allows the user full access to the entire recordset.

  Any input is much appreciated

  Thanks,
  Keith