wierd behavior in KDE 3.4

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Tue Jan 10 22:46:06 MST 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 10:05 pm, jerry davis wrote:
> I have Mandriva 2005 LE, and it has been working fine since it came out.
> It had KDE 3.3 on it. I recently upgraded to KDE 3.4 about a week ago.
> It worked good too, UNTIL tonight.
>
> I am now running kmail from Gnome. Here's why:
>
> All of a sudden, my keyboard just went wacky. If I press any single key (it
> doesn't matter which one), it doesn't register with KDE. If I get into a
> terminal, and hold down a key (so it repeats) EVENTUALLY I get some of the
> keys.
>
> My keyboard works fine in Gnome, and it works fine if I boot into safemode.
> My next try is to mv my .kde directory and see if something in there
> (config wise) is causing it.
>
> I just can't understand this.
> Anyone got any ideas???
>
> Jerry

Well I did the mv .kde .kde_saved and it straightened up my problem.
This is REALLY wierd. I have been using KDE for literally years, and have
never encounterd that kind of problem. However, after googling this problem,
it would appear that this is not an isolated problem.

I did however lose my config for mail, thank goodness I had put all the
parameters I needed in a text file.

Jerry

--
Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune: Body by Nautilus, Brain by Mattel.