Internet cafe (Mesa area)

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 00:48:35 MST 2006

I need to fight with some Acrobat forms which must be filled out RIGHT NOW
(by Monday morning) and are apparently pretty finicky about needing version 7 of
the reader applet.  I have no machine which will run 7.x (the compatibility
is a nightmare!)  I also need to pick up about 150Mb of updates related to
coaxing a machine into being able to run 7.x so I can avoid this hassle next time.

Since my connection is 44k typical, I figure the easiest way to handle this
is to go over to an Internet cafe.

I need to go somewhere with up-to-date software (I doubt they want me
installing and then having to auto-update Acrobat 30 times? :P) decent connectivity,
low rates, and CD burner availability (I can supply my own CDs).  Had I been
less scatterbrained, I'd just take my 802.11-equipped laptop over to Town Lake
and use their wireless, but it wouldn't help with my Acrobat problem.

My first thought was the Mesa library's internet connected machines, but I
don't know if they have CD burners or are kept current with software.  Can
anyone tell me?  Where else can people suggest?  I'd prefer to not have to travel
miles afield; Mesa or Tempe is preferrable.

If they have good carrot cake, better.