Mandriva problems (was: Linux Distro Chooser)

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Fri Jan 6 09:25:28 MST 2006

Josef Lowder wrote:

> #3. I can't access my other partitions from the Mandriva
> 	boot.  I also have Mepis and Xandros installed and
> 	with either of them or with the Knoppix LiveCD, I can
> 	access all the other partitions on my system, but
> 	with this new Mandriva 2006 installation, none of the
> 	other partitions show up in /mnt and I can't find any
> 	way to mount them.

I'm not familiar with Mandriva, so I can't be of much help. I'm
wondering, though, if maybe the other partitions are being mounted
somewhere else or not at all (I recall Fedora moving removable media
mounts (floppy, cdrom) from /mnt to /media at some point). Your
/etc/fstab file should tell you what it's doing, and allow you to
specify everything to do with mounts.
$ man mount
$ man fstab

--