Dual Boot Question

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Jan 3 10:13:03 MST 2006

I have a machine running Windows 2000. I want to add a second hard drive for
Linux so I can keep the Windows 2000 drive for games and do some real work on
the Linux drive. :-). Actually, my daughter wants the games, and I want her
to do some real work on the Linux drive. I tried running the games under wine
and they do not work.

I have setup dual boot drives when both Linux and Windows are on the same
drive with a common MBR (details are sketchy - it was a while ago). However,
it went very smoothly and flawlessly, so I have a lot of confidence that I
can do it again! Where fools rush in.....

Can grub handle booting across drives? Is the solution to my problem as simple
as (1) configuring the Windows drive as a secondary (slave) drive, (2) adding
the new drive as the master drive, (3) installing Debian on the new drive,
and (4) telling Grub (when it asks me) that I also want the option to boot
off the Windows drive as well?

If not, then any suggestions??

Thanks!
--