resend - need email server recommendation

Mike Garfias mike at garfias.org
Tue Feb 28 10:32:34 MST 2006

Darrin Chandler spoke forth with the blessed manuscript:
> Craig White wrote:
> >----
> >it's not open source either - George isn't likely going to use it.
> >

> Did you mean Postfix, Exim, Sendmail, or Qmail?

Thinking he meant Qmail.  Its DJB's funky license - free to use, and
redistribute, but not in any modified form.  If you want it to do something
else, you have to patch it.  Postfix has its own license, but I believe that
is FSF approved.  Not sure about Exim, but as Deb includes it by default, I'm
thinking its ok.

Also, I just thought of something.  Exim & Qmail are not exactly Sendmail
compatible.  If you have something on your system that calls sendmail (the
binary), Exim and Qmail may not work properly.  Postfix is Sendmail
compatible, and won't break things.