Forced obsolescence in Linux

Gerard Snitselaar snits at snitselaar.org
Tue Feb 28 00:04:12 MST 2006

On FC4 this is what I get from modinfo for snd-sb16 :

snits at newton:/home/snits/src/linux-2.6.15.4/sound=>modinfo snd-sb16
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.15-1.1831_FC4/kernel/sound/isa/sb/snd-sb16.ko
author:         Jaroslav Kysela <perex at suse.cz>
license:        GPL
vermagic:       2.6.15-1.1831_FC4 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-4.0
depends:
snd-sb-common,snd-opl3-lib,snd,snd-mpu401-uart,snd-sb16-dsp,snd-sb16-csp
alias:          pnp:cCTL0024dCTL0031*
alias:          pnp:cCTL0025dCTL0031*
alias:          pnp:cCTL0026dCTL0031*
alias:          pnp:cCTL0027dCTL0031*
alias:          pnp:cCTL0028dCTL0031*
alias:          pnp:cCTL0029dCTL0031*
alias:          pnp:cCTL002adCTL0031*
alias:          pnp:cCTL002bdCTL0031*
alias:          pnp:cCTL002cdCTL0031*
alias:          pnp:cCTL0051dCTL0001*
alias:          pnp:cCTL0070dCTL0001*
alias:          pnp:cCTL0080dCTL0041*
alias:          pnp:cCTL0086dCTL0041*
alias:          pnp:cCTL00f0dCTL0043*
alias:          pnp:ctBA03b0dPNPb003*
srcversion:     6E0689729B47273884520A3
parm:           csp:ASP/CSP chip support. (array of int)
parm:           mic_agc:Mic Auto-Gain-Control switch. (array of int)
parm:           dma16:16-bit DMA # for SB16 driver. (array of int)
parm:           dma8:8-bit DMA # for SB16 driver. (array of int)
parm:           irq:IRQ # for SB16 driver. (array of int)
parm:           fm_port:FM port # for SB16 PnP driver. (array of long)
parm:           mpu_port:MPU-401 port # for SB16 driver. (array of long)
parm:           port:Port # for SB16 driver. (array of long)
parm:           isapnp:PnP detection for specified soundcard. (array of
bool)
parm:           enable:Enable SoundBlaster 16 soundcard. (array of bool)
parm:           id:ID string for SoundBlaster 16 soundcard. (array of
charp)
parm:           index:Index value for SoundBlaster 16 soundcard. (array
of int)