Remove Win dual boot?

Gerard Snitselaar snits at snitselaar.org
Sun Feb 26 21:24:36 MST 2006

I've always been under the impression that the Master Boot Record is
always located in the first sector of a disk, not in one of the
partitions. You can change which partition is active (bootable) with
fdisk or qparted. If the system is already dual-booting it shouldn't
be difficult to remove Windows from the picture.