why the 'tude?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Feb 26 13:14:51 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 13:00 -0700, Dan Lund wrote:
> I was thinking the same thing.
>
> On 2/26/06, Alex Dean <alex at crackpot.org> wrote:
> > On Feb 26, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Craig White wrote:
> > This is a little unnecessary, don't you think?

----
I'm obviously cratchety - it's my nature.

I just don't see the point of long time list users not being able to
retrieve their passwords when the system provides an easy means to do
that. It seems to me that sending a message to the entire list for some
sysadmin to un'sub them is abusive of the users and the sys-admins when
all they had to do was to follow the link at the bottom of each and
every message to get to the 'unsubscribe' page and if necessary, get
their password mailed to them.

Had this been someone who was new to the list or new to lists in
general, I wouldn't have commented.

Anyone else want a piece of me?  ;-)

Craig