apt.conf

Mike bmike101 at cox.net
Sat Feb 25 20:57:39 MST 2006

I screwed up. I tried updating my system and the upgrade made the system
worst. So I put the old os back on and apt-get doesn't work. I can't apt-get
gnucash. I think apt.conf is messed up.

this is it's present state:

	APT::Default-Release "unstable";
	APT::Cache-Limit 20000000;
	Apt::Get::Purge;

isn't a 'fix-broken' , 'fix-missing', and other things supposed to be in
there? If so would I just follow the above

I increased the 'Cache-Limit' because I was getting an MMap error. Is it too
big?

What do you think..... should I d/l the gnucash tarball or will I then be a
victim of (or rather experience) dependency hell?

I just re4alized that I made a backup of the old one! Is this appropriate? How
should i improve it?

	//save in /etc/apt/apt.conf
	//APT::Default-Release "stable";
	APT::Default-Release "unstable";