A Linux Cafe In Phoenix

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Feb 24 00:51:41 MST 2006

Am 22. Feb, 2006 schwätzte Joshua Zeidner so:

> I would like to ask the local linux community: if someone were to open a
> cafe like this in Phoenix:
>
> http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2006/02/linuxcaffe-serv.html

We've had a fewish.

Bandersnatch wasn't doing the rest of the geek stuff, but we were taking a
lot of business in before it got sold.

Aosis had gaming machines, hardware sales, printing and some support
services. I was led to believe they had management issues and they never
had decent food. They've been gone a few years.

There are several gaming cafes in town now. I believe there's still one on
the NW corner of Isabella and Alma School and one on the SE corner of Alma
School and Baseline next to the laser tag place.

elite pc has a gaming room.

There are also lots of LAN parties in town.

> would you go to it?  where do you think it should be located?  how much
> would you pay for a coffee?

Obviously I go to places like that. Decide where you want to go; there are
geeks everywhere. Kevin's map will help you see the PLUG distribution. I
won't pay squat for coffee or go into a place that smells like coffee. A
good chai might entice me, though.

Heck, there are lots of decent cafes around, I miss having a good geek
pub.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/