A Linux Cafe In Phoenix

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Feb 23 19:03:05 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 17:56 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> It seems like the Open Source players tend to gravitate to the Tempe
> region...
>

>          It
>         would be pretty nice to have a place where you knew you could
>         find geeks
>         at play.
>

>   yes, for 1) other developers, 2) people who want to buy services
> from OSS developers, 3) people who want to provide services for
> developers... should be fairly easy to cover overhead costs as well.
> I think Kinkbucks is a very valid idea.
----
I don't particularly care for kinkbucks idea since they are already
being done by very deep pockets who could expand their offerings fairly
simply.

Kinko's is a print/copy center that has computers for rent. The
computers seem to represent a very small portion of their income as
computers are rather cheap these days.

Starbucks is a premium coffee outlet and it's not likely you can do much
of a dent there. Computers and coffee hardly seem to be the draw.

If it's javageek that you are doing, then you have to either live with
the geek stigma or transcend it - not an easy task.

I would think that a Data Doctors kind of thing, hard drive cleanup
(windows virus/spyware) and coffee while you wait would be cool if done
by a Linux enthusiast.

Craig