A Linux Cafe In Phoenix

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Feb 23 17:36:42 MST 2006

Joshua Zeidner wrote:

> OK... so a linux cafe is not a completely wacky idea.  thanks for the
> replies.
>
> Generally, I see a lot of independant biz people here in Phoenix who
> choose to be so because it offers them more control over their
> schedule, choice of technology, etc.  I do certainly see the need for
> a very general service for these people.  I find that they do value a
> common meeting place.  Commiting to a particular geographical location
> would be a boon both to the cafe itself and local business.  Something
> like Kinkos + Starbucks + Linspire( Kinkbucks? ).  As Ben Gould
> suggested, maybe just design a program for existing cafes...  is
> anyone out there seriously interested in this idea?

I didn't speak up earlier, as I was handling some work stuff.

I think it's a fine idea, and I'd drop in if it were anything remotely
convenient. Make it an Open Source Cafe instead of a Linux Cafe and I'd
drop in more often. ;) Add more of a menu and it's even more likely. It
would be pretty nice to have a place where you knew you could find geeks
at play.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |