A Linux Cafe In Phoenix

shadow shadow at digitalnirvana.com
Thu Feb 23 13:55:20 MST 2006

Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> I would like to ask the local linux community: if someone were to open a
> cafe like this in Phoenix:
>
> http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2006/02/linuxcaffe-serv.html
>
> would you go to it?  where do you think it should be located?  how much
> would you pay for a coffee?

I would be there on a regular basis.  It sounds like it could be a 24/7
Stammtisch.

Either Downtown or near ASU would be the best locations.  A Cafe really
depends on a lot of foot traffic and/or local residents within walking
distance to be viable.

For coffee I wouldn't pay a dime, but for a stong Earl Grey or hot
chocolate I would easily pay $tarbucks prices to support a local
business.  The real money on a location like this could be in other
services such as an ISP partnership, Linux books and media, Tech
referral kickbacks, etc.

--
Chris Lewis
shadow at digitalnirvana.com

"System Administrators are the Marines
of the business world.  We are the first
into the fight ready at a moments notice
day or night."

Hell's Admins - Bourne to Code
http://www.hellsadmins.com