BSD iso images vs. CD/DVD set

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Feb 22 18:51:41 MST 2006

Am 22. Feb, 2006 schwätzte S M Mahbub Murshed so:

> As far as I know BSD distros comes in two different flavors, the downloadable iso's dont contain all the packages. But the dvd/cd set that they sell contains more packages. Is it true? Are those cd/dvd's redistributable?

Depends on what software is included. Probably, but if they're including
proprietary software it might not be legal to redistribute the software.

In any case, you just need the base system and a network connection. *BSD
can do upgrades over the Net.

I'll let the *BSDers answer how that happens :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks."
#     -- Robert Heinlein