Who all is going to SCaLE 4x?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Feb 21 00:24:27 MST 2006

Am 15. Feb, 2006 schwätzte R P Herrold so:

>> It's not identity theft that I'm worried about. I don't want to auth my
>> gov't recognized name.
>
> ummm --- ok - I had one person who appeared at the booth decline to give his
> name -- no problem, but also no cacert ID ;)   Ultimately a web of trust,
> needs to be trustable, and as I see it, has to chain back to an ID which
> carries a penal disincentive to forge.

I also know many by names other than what would be on an ID. I likely wouldn't
sign certs for them for their legal names. At least a couple have been
friends of mine for years.

>> I also need to be able to auth role accounts. Some are roles that will be
>
> role accounts are no problem - there is a primary email address, and the
> ability to add as many secondaries as you may wish; also as the CSR is
> gnereated locally, embedded role email addresses insude a certificate are no
> problem, and are not examined before the countersigning by CACert.

All of the secondaries would be associated to the primary email addy? A
cert for chairman at PLUG would be associated to my personal certification?

Just trying to get more info. In fact, wanna do a presentation on CACert
for us? :)

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
#  We grow old by deserting our ideals.
#  Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm
#  wrinkles the soul.  -- Samuel Ullman