Active Directory and Kerberos authentication - Help?! (fwd)

Bryan.ONeal at asu.edu Bryan.ONeal at asu.edu
Wed Feb 15 13:33:18 MST 2006

Ok so I purchased a new server with SuSE EL9 and I am trying to get it to act
as a samba server in my AD.  And while I can get it to join the domain just
fine and server up shares with no problem, I still need to get the whole SSI
thing to work (Single Sign In)

First thing I need to do is get my Kerberos to work.  I can tell it is not
because when I try
# kinit user at domain.local
I get
kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: unable to reach any KDC in realm cornerstone.local

In the Kerberos client set up (using YaST) my domain is CORNERSTONE and my
realm is CORNERSTONE.LOCAL and the KDC server address is the IP of the Win2003
SB Server.

And that just about puts me at the edge of my krb experience since prior to
this it has always "Just Worked".  But then again I never tried putting a
windows box in the krb mix.

Any thought?

And getting rid of windows is not a viable option ;)