Extract audio from WMV?

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Tue Feb 14 00:47:21 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 20:14 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> I have a video file in WMV 8 format.  I need to extract the audio from
> it.  Anyone know how to do that on Linux, of course?

You should be able to do this with gst-launch by making your own custom
pipeline:

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_gst-launch.htm

I'll leave the exact pipeline as an exercise for the reader (I'm not
really sure) but I think you might need to use the GStreamer Xine
plug-in.

Of course you'll also have to repeat "GNOME is cooler than KDE" ten
times ;)

		--Ted