?: Cox vs QWEST

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Mon Feb 13 18:44:35 MST 2006

Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:

>On Monday 13 February 2006 05:47 pm, Technomage kindly wrote:
>

>>IMHO, avoid QWEST like the black plague.
>>I used to have DSL with them, but they never had my billing correct (3
>>years worth of over charges)
>>

>Qwest's billing errors are terrible and persistant, whether at work or at
> ... horrible experiences ...
>
>Siri Amrit

It sounds terrible, and I've seen it personally as well. They switching
billing systems with the USWorst merger, and yet again. If an account is
still in the old system or wasn't converted properly they seem to have a
devil of a time getting it straightened out. Where I work they've had
mystery charges appear every month. Qwest will null them out with little
fuss, but they can't make them not happen. Maybe they have now (I lost
interest).

On the other hand, Cox tried to charge me every time they sent a tech
out to fix the signal strength issue. And it never was anything to do
with my house. After I canceled with Cox, I found out that soon after
signing up with them they reported me for unpaid debt with the credit
agencies. Why? Well, when they first tried to send someone out to hook
me up they couldn't get my address right. They thought I lived in
Phoenix when I didn't, even though I gave them a correct address *with*
zip code. I had to reschedule a time or two because the techs couldn't
find the house. Finally, one of their techs (brilliantly) actually
*called* me when they couldn't find the house. He was somewhere in
Phoenix, of course. In any case, they apparently sent a bill to this
nonexistent address, which, of course, I never paid. They did make the
bills come to my house and they were paid in full. But that unpaid bill
to a ghost address went on my credit report. To Cox's credit they fixed
things up and were fairly nice about it.

So, from personal experience: they all suck. Pick the one you hate less.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |