?: Cox vs QWEST

Siri Amrit Kaur tigerflag at tigerflag.com
Mon Feb 13 17:04:26 MST 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 05:47 pm, Technomage kindly wrote:

> > Any pertinent comments, suggestions, personal experiences, etc. would be
> > appreciated.
> >
> > -mj-
>
> MJ
> IMHO, avoid QWEST like the black plague.
> I used to have DSL with them, but they never had my billing correct (3
> years worth of over charges)

Qwest's billing errors are terrible and persistant, whether at work or at
home. Month after month they are a nightmare. If you go with Qwest for phone
service, make sure you get a PICC freeze on your long-distance carrier,
because Qwest will allow you to get slammed. Make sure you get the _correct_
PICC for  your carrier. At work, Qwest assigned the wrong PICC to our LD
carrier for 9 branch offices; it was a PICC that didn't belong to any
carrier. Because we then had no assigned carrier, Sprint picked up the calls
at $5 per MINUTE. Qwest charged us $5 per line to switch back to our carrier,
but again assigned the wrong PICC to it, and the next month the bills again
showed Sprint at $5 per minute.

Each month, they billed us $5  per line for switching to Sprint, even though
we never authorized the switch, and then billed us to switch back (28 lines x
$10 per month switching fees). They said all of our employees must have been
using a 1010 dialaround and deliberately choosing Sprint at $5 per minute!
Each month I contested the switching charges and long distance bills and they
credited the charges, then charged them again for the next month and we got
to go through it all over again for all 28 lines.

It took Qwest 6 months to figure out that the problem was the wrong PICC that
they had given us. By that time we had gone over to Eschelon and refused to
pay the final Qwest bills, which still had errors on them. Three years later,
Qwest is still hiring collections agencies to hassle the company for the
unpaid bills. And Eschelon is just as bad with billing errors, too. You can't
win :-

At home I got Qwest DSL last October. Every bill has been egregiously
inaccurate until this last, most recent bill.

Siri Amrit
--
Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC
www.tigerflag.com