burning woes

Gerard Snitselaar snits at snitselaar.org
Sat Feb 11 19:43:44 MST 2006

I forgot to add another way to check it is to use the -c flag and
a file containing the md5sum you are supposed to check against.
Here is a quick little example:

snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>ls
hanoi*  hanoi.c
snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum hanoi > hanoi.md5
snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum -c hanoi.md5
hanoi: OK
snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>rm -f hanoi
snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>gcc -O3 -o hanoi hanoi.c
snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum -c hanoi.md5
hanoi: FAILED
md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 computed checksum did NOT match
snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>cat hanoi.md5
359935d45f69fcb2fd0afd882211062b  hanoi