VPN Setup Question

Richard Wilson r.wilson9 at cox.net
Thu Feb 9 20:22:00 MST 2006

All,

Because of a corporate "bias" towards Windoze, I usually end up running
two VPN sessions, one from my Corporate supplied XP laptop, and one from
my FC4 Linux workstation (I get a LOT more work done under Linux!).
Fortunately my employer has two redundant (Cisco 3000) VPN concentrator
sites so I point XP at one site and Linux at the other.  If I point them
both at the same site, the 2nd one to connect will terminate the VPN
session on the first one.

The VPN concentrators are set up to fail over to the other sites though
and it's possible to get a session clobbered even though you're pointing
at the different VPN sites.

I have a fun iptables setup that came with the Linux VPN software that I
am planning on tweaking so that I can use my Linux workstation to
provide a pass through for my XP system on a single VPN connection and I
should be able to get it working, having done a lot of similar stunts
with iptables in the past.  Before I dive in though, I thought it
wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone here has done something similar and if so
would you be able to share your iptables configurations?

Thanks in advance,

Richard Wilson