OT: Any users of guru.com?

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Thu Feb 9 07:41:42 MST 2006

Hello all.  My apologies for starting yet another OT post, especially
after starting the long and controversial Google thread.  But this one
will probably be less incendiary.

I was doing market research to try and get more computer consulting
jobs, and I came across a site called guru.com.  It appears that the
consultant can post a list of skills, which other folks can search when
they're looking for someone to do a project. The consultant can also bid
on posted project.  The consultant can choose a "free" listing, for
which the site gets 10% of the project fee, or a "pay" listing, for
which the site gets 5%.  It sounds like a reasonable concept, but things
aren't always what they appear.  Has anyone had any experience, good or
bad, with this service?

Thanks!
Vaughn