partitioning help, Ubuntu on PowerPC

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Wed Feb 8 09:42:30 MST 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 9:05 AM, A LeDonne wrote:

> Some HFS+ linux stuff is still "experimental", so be sure to have a
> full backup of your data before you begin! Here's one suggestion...

> "HOWTO: Resize your HFS+ partition for free"
>
> The link above suggests disabling journaling, then going out to a
> shell during the install in order to resize. Some HFS+ linux stuff is
> still "experimental", so be sure to have a full backup of your data
> before you begin!

Thanks for the link!  I can follow those instructions, though I now
am unsure if I will or not.

I do have good backups of my OSX stuff.  But if things happened to
get hosed up, I'm still looking at several hours of reformatting,
reinstalling, and restoring data.  Just because I wouldn't
permenantly lose data doesn't mean it wouldn't be a PITA to get it
back.  I'm not sure it's worth that.  I may just wait until this is
either less experimental, or I get some different hardware to run
Ubuntu on.

alex
.