OT: Hands Off Google!

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:35:39 MST 2006

This i agree with 310%... thank you for summing my thoughts of life
into a paragraph.
As a coworker of mine put it once, how successful you are in life
depends fully on how much of your morals and beliefs your willing to
set aside.
While I don't fully agree with that, in todays business world it's
almost a rule.

--Dan

On 2/8/06, Micah DesJardins <micahdj at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing to keep in mind is that, this discussion we're having about
> it after the fact has been done to death on Google's internal mailing
> list.  When they're discussing new directions for the company they
> still ask everyone who works for them to weigh in and they have
> passionate and often heated debates about the merits or faults of any
> particular direction the company might be considering moving in.  The
> reality is, it's a complex situation and we can try to boil it down to
> a black and white issue but what I see are a lot of shades of grey.
>
> My 00000010

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so
many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled -
because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too
cowardly to exercise it.  The virtues which cloak these faults are
called patience and forbearance.
Friedrich Nietzsche