1st Phoenix BSD User Group Meeting

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Sun Feb 5 14:58:27 MST 2006

Technomage wrote:

>A piece of info is missing: the address of the location of the meeting.

It's 1044 S. Terrace, Tempe. At http://bsd.phoenix.az.us I have a Google
map link with the address, but I didn't actually put it anywhere on the
site itself. Thanks!

>also, I happen to be a relatively new user to BSD (I am starting to use BSD
>3.8 on some sparc hardware I picked up from a fellow plugger as a firewall
>appliance). got some help in that regard from a BSD 'expert' that lives back
>in Kansas.

OpenBSD makes for a *great* firewall appliance (must be OpenBSD, from
the 3.8 version). We have a few OpenBSD fans, including one who has
"security" in his job title. :) If you have questions of get stuck, be
sure to ask on the list. If you ask here I'll be around, but if you ask
at main at bsd.phoenix.az.us you'll get some others who (so far) aren't
subscribed here.

>There are a couple of places you guys can meet as well. one is close to me
>(75th + indianschool rd) called the Canton Dragon Restaurant. Tuesdays are
>typically their slowest night. they have good food and reasonable prices.
>another would be the denny's at I-17 and Dunlap. there are others, but I
>can't think of them right away.

I'd rather have a central location than an East Side or West side
location. One topic of discussion at the first meeting will be input on
specific locations and general areas for meetings. But if you can't make
it, feel free to voice your opinions on the list.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |