apt-get update

Major.Mikey bmike1 at mcleodusa.net
Sun Feb 5 13:54:09 MST 2006

uh-ohhhhh

Me thinks there is a problem.
After running 'apt-get update' it tells me:

 Reading Package Lists... Error!
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://deb.mepis.org unstable/contrib
 Packages
 /var/lib/apt/lists/deb.mepis.org_debian_dists_unstable_contrib_binary-i386_Packages)
 - stat (2 No such file or directory)
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occured while processing cvs (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with
MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_main_binary-i386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
root at 2[bmike1]#

and then when I subsequently run apt-get install/update it gives the same
error