No subject

Thu Dec 28 13:49:53 MST 2006

tree in your system (used to be static). add_to_rules appears to be
something SELINUX related. SELINUX is a relatively new facility that adds
extended security capabilities to Linux. I'm guessing that udevd is trying
to create SELINUX attributes (ATTRS) for a particular device(s) and doesn't
understand what the various id's are, so these rules aren't being created
like they should be.

I can't think of a reason why anyone would want/need to use SELINUX on a
laptop, but I'm sure someone will think of one. I'm betting that if you turn
off SELINUX that the messages will go away. See
http://www.crypt.gen.nz/selinux/disable_selinux.html for details.

HTH

--
-Eric 'shubes'