Document Scanning

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at linuxquestions.net
Sat Dec 30 08:56:00 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 10:03 -0700, Carl Parrish wrote:
> Anyone know of software that would allow me to scan a document into as
> OpenOffice or text format? I can save as PDF fine but don't know of a
> way to scan a document I can work with.

Carl,

OCR works best on simple documents with clean type like a letter.  More
complicated layouts with fancy type faces, sidebars, etc. will cause
problems.

If you don't need to edit the text just scanning as a 150dpi PNG or JPG
will give you screen readable text.

Dennisk
--
Phoenix Linux Users Group