We are considering other CMS engines (Was:Re: PLUG site incident last night)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Dec 28 17:09:48 MST 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Alan Dayley wrote:
> True, we are currently using Joomla!, considered by some to be "badly
> coded."  But what the webdev group ends up using in a new site will not
> be Joomla! by default.  *Any* website content management solution that
> fills the requirements is up for consideration.

A simple system is ikiwiki.

It is a wiki compiler so the content of the website is just static HTML.
So no dynamic website and less of a security issue.

The only CGI is the interface if you want to edit the website itself. This
can be protected with server-side authentication and also within ikiwiki
itself.

I am using ikiwiki with a RCS backend for revision history.