No subject

JT Moree moreejt at pcxperience.com
Thu Dec 28 15:03:47 MST 2006

Has anyone ever configured a cisco catalyst 4500?  We have erased it to reset it
to defaults (bc we didn't have the password) and can't seem to get it to do
anything.  We have tried configuring dhcp on it by setting up a pool and
turning the service on.  We have tried to assign ip addresses to ports
manually.  We have tried setting up vlans.  nothing works.  The two test
machines we plug in can NEVER see each other (static ip's or by requesting dhcp
from the switch).  the dhcp stats on the switch never change so it's not even
seeing the requests from the machines.

How do we turn on the ports so that they can use dhcp?

--
JT Moree
www.pcxperience.com

believed to be clean.