swap file

stu wien33 at cox.net
Tue Dec 26 14:27:39 MST 2006

On Monday 25 December 2006 9:55 am, bmike101 at cox.net wrote:
> Thanks for informing me of the drawbacks of my idea of using the pendrive.
> I suppose it isn't a good idea seeing as how you only get a limited number
> of writes to it.
>
> About the  solidstate drives: I guess i have a wish list now:D
>
> Seriously though my dad says they have memory on PCI so I will look into
> that.... then hesaid he would give  me his computer after he finished
> digitizing all of his vinyl. It is a Presario with 256M  of RAM and an
> AMDK7. Hmmmmmmm, presario isn't known for it's Linux friendliness is it.

	I wouldn't be too sure of that! I have an old Presario K6 that is useless
running Windows because the Compac drivers are unobtainable. Even though it
was *designed* to run Windows '98. It gets stuck with default "safe mode"
graphics resolution (640x480), the sound card doesn't work, and it can't find
either the modem or ethernet card.
	This same computer is Fully Functional running Linux, and even runs
surprisingly quick for it's age.

--
Microsoft needs people who can do as they're told...
  GNU/Linux needs people who can tell as they do.