localhost.localdomain:xxx

Empty plug at emptiedout.com
Fri Dec 22 22:21:31 MST 2006

Michael Havens wrote:
> This experience setting up the printer is cool. What other neat things can you
> do with localhost.localdomain?

I port-forward my pop3, smtp, and nntp sessions via ssh(google "ssh port
forwarding"), so I have localhost:9110, localhost:9025 and
localhost:9119 in various clients on my laptop. I do the same with VNC
connection so I can access my home fileserver from wherever I am. It's
cool to be able to start a download, shut down my laptop, finish my
coffee and go home, just to have it waiting for me :)

Another cool thing with localhost is to use it as a delopment
environment with something like apache, mysql, whatever running on your
 local box.

~Empty
--
---
"Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.