printer (HP DeskJet 932C)

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Fri Dec 22 05:31:00 MST 2006

Thursday 21 December 2006 4:46 pm, saw the creation of:
> From: chip33az at netscape.net
> To: "Main PLUG discussion list" <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
> Subject: Re: printer
> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:45:12 -0700
>
>   I don't know.  I typically add printers via the CUPS interface ( in the
> browser goto localhost:631 ).
>
> When I added the packages below, I get a long listing of the printers.
> Make sure you stop/stop CUPS after adding the packages.

 I did restart CUPS. It appears that localhost.... and kaddprinterwizard are
merely frontends of the same thing because both of them listed the same
DESKJET printers as available. Those printers are the 1500, the 1020, 1005,
and the 1000.

Perhaps I restarted it wrong....
        killall cupsd
        cupsd