net neutrality commercials?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 17:54:08 MST 2006

I know your in Marana now, a suburb of Tucson.  I used to live in Tucson and wonder what good fiber is doing for the downtown area?

Just like here.  From my limited knowledge, the server "rooms" or colo's or whatever are all south and east of down town.  Unless that is considered downtown.

Were they thinking only high data using companies would be in the downtown area?

And I'm with you.  Lived with dialup for years ....
Keith

Judd Pickell <pickell at gmail.com> wrote: I would like to say upfront that I am all for net nuetrality. But I thought I should respond to this previous post.

There are two things wrong with your response:
1) The expense of rolling out the fiber is far greater now, since, if I recall correctly those tax breaks only covered what it would cost to roll it out in downtown areas of many of the large cities. I am certain the belief was that if they got it into the major cities, there would be enough cash flowing to continue the expansion beyond them.

2) And i agree with Dan, you can't compare SK to the US. Expense, size of country, population living situation (as many as possible in the cities), etc lead to a very unfair comparison.

In my opinion to be 16th with the landmass and population displacement (?) that we have is quite an accomplishment. The fact that I can sit an hour outside of Tucson and be on some form of broadband makes me very happy. Cable will come eventually, but for now I don't have to wait for them. I can go fast now. :) Considering 10 years ago that wouldn't have even been possible.. well.. What a wonderful world we live in. :)