net neutrality commercials?

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Mon Dec 18 11:56:24 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 10:21 -0700, Dan Lund wrote:
> My opinion on countries like South Korea and so forth having a better
> infrastructure is that it's easier to wire a closet than it is a
> server room.
> The size is so different that I don't even know why anyone uses it as
> anything more than anecdotal.
----
yeah, it's incredibly cost ineffective to wire rural America but it's
urban America that is still lagging incredibly.

The issue is simply a matter of priorities...when America decided that
it was a priority to put a man on the moon, it got done. If and when
America decides that it is important to put 90% of America's population
on broadband Internet, it will get done. Until then, it will remain
captive to the corporate interests that will prioritize content
providers that provide alternative revenue streams.

79% of the population lives in urban areas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

This report suggest that 24% rural and 39% urban broadband penetration
http://www.pewinternet.org/pdfs/PIP_Rural_Broadband.pdf

Anecdotal? Corporate interests will subjugate Americans to a very
unfavorable position in technology as I see it.

Craig