Image Viewer Printing continued

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 19:31:19 MST 2006

I usually just change the format before I save it. Not
a ubuntu user, but Mine (ksnapshot) has the ability to
choose the format and I usually choose .jpg so I can
print it w/o problems.

There is bunches of .xyz formats and I guess the linux
print driver makers just do a few such as .gif and jpg
etc. The 'common' ones it seems. I know, I cannot
pring .png's either.

PITA?, yes, care, no.

--- Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:

> This evening I took a window shot (using Alt-PrtScr
> in ubuntu).  I
> saved it to the desktop which made a .png file.
> When I double
> clicked, it opened in image viewer.  The print
> preview looke fine.  I
> was even impressed that it apparently automatically
> choose landscape
> mode.  I printed it from there to my HP LJ4 which is
> on an XP machine
> (the default printer for the Ubuntu box), but it
> came out as a totally
> BLACK page and I have no idea why.  Any ideas?
>
> BTW, I then loaded Open office writer and inserted
> picture from file
> (same screenshot file) and printed it to the same
> printer and it came
> out fine.
>
> --
> Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
> who mind don't
> matter and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.