automount usb

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Dec 13 15:44:20 MST 2006

Gnome has some files it needs for it, not sure what, not a Gnome guy. KDE has
everything built in. Just make sure the system installs dbus and hal and you
should be set.

nathan

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 15:41, Kevin wrote:
> I know some distros can automatically mount a filesystem when you insert a
> USB drive, but I have no idea how they accomplish that.  I would like to
> setup a Debian-based system to do that.  Any pointers?
>
> ...Kevin

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations

      _   _____   ______  ___   ___   ______
     | | | ____| / _____| | |   | |  / _____|
  _  | | |  ___| \____  \ | |   | |  \____  \
  \___/  |_____| |_____/  |_______|  |_____/

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
          < Romans 10:9 KJV >