thunderbird and web links

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue Dec 12 20:45:33 MST 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 08:41:09PM -0700, KevinO wrote:

> Nathan England wrote:
> > I have a dozen machines with thunderbird as the mail client and none of them
> > can open web links inside emails. This spans across windows and linux
> > desktops, none of which work!
> >
> > Any ideas?
> 1) Install the "about:config" extension for T-Bird.
>
> 2) Use it to add (by right clicking in the window, then choosing new -> string)
> the following two strings.
>
> Preference Name                     Value
>
> network.protocol-handler.app.http         /usr/local/bin/firefox
>
> network.protocol-handler.app.https        /usr/local/bin/firefox
>
> Use the correct path to your web browser for the 'Value'.

Ah, yes. That's it! I did this on my wife's computer a week or two ago
and she's been much happier.

Note that at least with newer versions of T-bird there's an Advanced
button somewhere that'll bring up ye old about:config stuff, so you no
longer need to add an extension. (Can't tell you exactly where just now,
as I'm not using T-bird here)

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |