Ubuntu server network configuration

Trent Shipley tshipley at deru.com
Tue Dec 12 17:39:13 MST 2006

On Tuesday 2006-12-12 09:50, Alan Dayley wrote:
> I installed an Ubuntu server from the Ubuntu server install CD.  At the
> time I did not have the network connected so I told the installer to
> configure the network later.  Now with the network connected, I want to
> configure the network.
>
> Being a relative newbie with Ubuntu, and minus any GUI tools, what is
> the most easy method for configuring the network?
>
> Alan

Have you tried re-running the installer?  Sometimes they are smart enough to
detect an existing installation.  If it does detect the existing install it
might also be well enough designed so that you can just re-do the network
part of the install program.  (In which case the same approach should work
for things like changing video cards, etc.)