Ubuntu server network configuration

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Dec 12 10:33:34 MST 2006

Am 12. Dec, 2006 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

> I installed an Ubuntu server from the Ubuntu server install CD.  At the
> time I did not have the network connected so I told the installer to
> configure the network later.  Now with the network connected, I want to
> configure the network.
>
> Being a relative newbie with Ubuntu, and minus any GUI tools, what is
> the most easy method for configuring the network?

You can edit /etc/network/interfaces. There's a man page for interfaces
with info about what goes in there.

There might be some Ubuntu tool for building that file, but I don't know
what it is.

If you change the file by hand you should stick it in RCS control.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators  https://LOPSA.org/
#  Schließlich verteidigt Amerika Freiheit. Und Freiheit beginnt mit dem Wort.
#    -- Gunter Grass