ODBC idiot questions

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 09:39:58 MST 2006

Yes you will need some form of a server running, is Pervasive.SQL a server
style SQL solution or client type (like Access)? If it is a server based
one, then you don't need a bridge, just the ODBC client installed in your
UnixODBC setup (not sure how to do it as I haven't messed with UnixODBC
much).

Otherwise if Pervasive is like Access, you may need the bridge. However, if
that is the case, you could look at samba mounting the location of the
database so you can use the UnixODBC with the Pervasive.SQL ODBC client.

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell