web based chat system

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Mon Dec 11 08:06:17 MST 2006

I'm looking for a decent web based chat system. Possibly one connected with a
forum of any kind. Nothing real specific, if possible I would like it to be
configurable to allow logins based on system user accounts, rather than
setting up accounts just for the chat program.
As web based email is already in use, I would like to keep the username and
passords the same for everyone.
This is not critical or a development system, so security isn't that big of a
deal. Only known people are allowed on the system, not just anyone off the
net.

Any recommendations?

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations

      _   _____   ______  ___   ___   ______
     | | | ____| / _____| | |   | |  / _____|
  _  | | |  ___| \____  \ | |   | |  \____  \
  \___/  |_____| |_____/  |_______|  |_____/

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
          < Romans 10:9 KJV >