Recovering from Hard DIsk Failure

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Dec 10 13:44:28 MST 2006

Am 09. Dec, 2006 schwätzte Richard Wilson so:

> managed to get a few of them working under Wine, but most don't.  If anyone
> would like a Wine challenge, try to get "Barbie's Undersea Adventure" working.
> It won't work under XP -- only Win 98 or 95 (it uses Direct X version 3).
> Try explaining obsolescence to a 6 year old ("but Daddy, it's one of my
> favorite games!")

Have you contacted TransGaming to see if they'll support it? I'm certain
you could make a point that there are parents who want their kids on
GNU/Linux boxen, but have to deal with the realities of marketing for
kids.

You can even make the point that the games don't work on new m$ boxen, so
Cedega could be the only way to keep using them in a couple of years.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators  https://LOPSA.org/
#  When you are tired of choosing the lesser of two evils,
#  Vote Cthulhu for President!