strange erratic behavior

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Tue Dec 5 09:29:13 MST 2006

.
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:34:32 -0700, JT Moree wrote
> Josef Lowder wrote:
> > What in the world might be causing this and how can I fix it?
>
> boot a liveCD that has a memory tester.  sysresccd.org has one and I
> think knoppix includes it.  kubuntu live cd has it i think.

What is this memory tester called and how does one invoke it?
Is it done from the command line or from

I did boot with Knoppix and experienced the same erratic behavior
as I previously described; but found no memory testing utility.
I've also searched the 'net for "erratic behavior" and various
other keywords, but have not found any help or similar problem
descriptions.

However, in the process of continuing to try to use the system,
the problem of erratic behavior seems to have gradually lessened
and eventually disappeared.

But I am apprehensive that it will reappear, so would like to
know what memory testing and/or diagnostic tools are available
to check out my system.

Joe