True surge protector

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Mon Dec 4 11:36:03 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 11:13 -0700, Dazed_75 wrote:
> Actually, one thing I have always wondered about for this scenarion is
> how to automate the shutdown of multiple computers from a single UPS
> as they normally only have a single serial output for that purpose.
----
packages like apcupsd (hence my recommendation to always use APC) and
nut have many modes including a server/client mode for networked
monitoring which allows me to have several servers attached to a UPS
system, one directly connected to the serial port and then the rest of
them monitoring via the network - which does mean that the hub/switch
must necessarily be plugged into the UPS too.

Craig