Processor speed

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Fri Dec 1 12:50:25 MST 2006

It appears as if the two machines in question are identical.... all the
way down to how much RAM is in it. It appears that I need the 170MB RAM
chips. I realize now that I also need a faster drive but I already have
one drive on the shelf (windows drive) that was installed when the
computer was built ('97) and two in the computer. One of the two I bought
around '02 and I haven't a clue abouven't a clue about the other that is a
SCSI drive (it is swap). (how do you view it's rpm?)

Glad I learned about lshw!
         *-scsi
              product: AHA-2940U/UW/D / AIC-7881U
              vendor: Adaptec
              physical id: c
              bus info: pci at 00:0c.0
              logical name: scsi2
              version: 00
              width: 32 bits
              clock: 33MHz
              capabilities: scsi bus_master scsi-host
              configuration: driver=aic7xxx
              resources: iomemory:df102000-df102fff irq:9

         *-ide
              product: VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master
IDE
              vendor: VIA Technologies, Inc.
              physical id: 7.1
              bus info: pci at 00:07.1