[OT] wanted: (pre-owned?) laptop

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Wed Aug 30 17:38:59 MST 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 09:44:55AM -0700, Mike Schwartz wrote:
> Darrin Chandler,
> Your reply [above] was the first one
> (lightning fast; - within minutes),
> and IMO one of the best.
> I decided to try RedSeven partly because
> of the impresssion I got of that co., from
> attending the Aug. "West Side" PLUG meeting.
> I went to the 1645 E Camelback store Monday.
> They referred me to their Mesa "Outlet" store.
> I called there on Tues., [Aug. 29] and went
> there Tues evening to order it.
> Their enthusiasm for gnu/Linux, and help/support
> (potentially) for PLUG, were among the factors
> I considered - along with the IBM brand name
> on the hardware, and the price seemed
> reasonable - especially considering what those
> IBM ThinkPad T22 's used to go for, "new".

I've never done business with RedSeven, but I almost did. I was shopping
for a bit more high-end than they had for laptops. But I did stop in and
talk with them and they seemed like good people, and I'm all for
supporting an all Linux shop!

I'm very glad that you had a good experience. :)

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |